Wednesday, August 3, 2011

meow meow

Let's talk about X games this year. wow. I was feeling pretty selfish sitting in the Emergency room watching my husband get his hand sewn back together. I kept thinking, how could this be happening? It was his LAST jump before we headed to LA. and bam! he would've gotten a Gold medal, no contest. But thankfully, I have a ton of faith in God. As I sat there, sick to my stomach (blood and bits of skin everywhere) I was trying not to laugh as Kyle was telling the Dr. to "hurry up, I've got to be in LA in 2 hours for practice" the dr gave me a look like, wow this guy isn't kidding huh? Kyle is one tough dude, if it wasn't for the 10 stitches holding his thumb on along with the squished thumb bone I don't know if anything could've stopped him from riding. BUT, I've learned a valuable lesson, watching and praying for the other riders safety all x, I started feeling grateful that Kyle didn't ride. The trick that he invented is not fun to watch for me. I've watched him do over 400 of them, no exaggerating, and i'm still blown away every single time he does it.
  Anyways, aside from my rambling, I'm proud of him. He at first was furious he couldn't ride. He worked SOO hard, he refuses to get anything less then Gold. He's a competitor, that's what drives him.. the innovation, the "scientist" in him, it's not any other aspect. This whole ordeal has morphed into the ideal equation for domination. He's not mad at himself anymore, he sat and watched freestyle, best trick, speed and style.. and all he kept saying was "I watched that exact run 4 years ago" and now he is skating everyday to keep his endurance up, working out like a mad man, and is so driven to take over every aspect of motorcross. The dr gave him a month until he is back on a bike, stitches come out in a few days...he wants to create the polar opposite of the"metal mulisha" where the focus is not being tough, fighting, cursing, etc. all the stereotypes of freestyle, but bring the sport to a higher level. I can't exactly say the tricks that he has dialed in, but I fully stand behind any decision he makes. aka we are going to be traveling a TON, he wants to get back to the reason he started riding. the fans, Riders 4 Christ, breaking every stereotype possible, the love of creating new tricks and landing them to dirt for the first time! God truly does have a bigger and better plan for every one of our lives, bigger than we can even start to imagine. So when you have your "sitting in the ER moment".... whatever that moment may be for you.. look up! Give all your stress and worry to the big man. Being a wife of a pro athlete, mother of two, daughter of a... well you get it... that's the only thing that has kept me going. Nothing can hold me down lately, I'm good. haha 


I love getting mail from people telling me how I've been able to help them thru difficult times in their lives just by going thru the hoops on tv. Let's open up a questions?advice column.. I want to help as many people as I can in any way I can. You guys are the reason that I stand up straight and keep pushing thru... LOVE YOU ALL!!


<3 Case 

19 comments:

  1. We love you, Casey. You're an example of how people SHOULD be: loving, devoted, considerate and humble.


    And more athletes should take a cue from Kyle and bring their respective sports back to what it's all about: the passion & science, rather than the partying & posing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog ! You are the role model that every girl needs !
    i'm so proud and happy for you and Kyle. Thanks for be yourself ! Greetings from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey... Your words are just inspiring.. I mean all the love that you have for Kyle is just amazing...
    I started being a huge fan of Kyle since 2007(I think) but now i'm not only Kyle's fan ;)
    You really are awesome.. You're so positive, loving and beautiful!!
    We love you Case..
    Greetings from Costa Rica ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Casey :)
    First of all, I'm SO glad that I've finally come across your blog! I've been following you on twitter for a while now, and this just add to the excitement :) I didn't know where else to message you, so i figured that this would be my best bet.
    I just wanted to say that I find you & Kyle and your little family incredibly inspiring! I feel like I can relate to you (or what i've learned about you from watching Audrina etc) and that I hope that my relationship with my boyfriend can grow to become as happy, joyful, creative, inspiring, comforting, safe, spiritual and goofy as your's and Kyle's.
    Thank you for being the incredibly inspiring person that you are! I'm looking forward to reading more on here and continuing to find you as a breathe of fresh air in such a crazy and sometimes uninspiring world.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOU BACK!

    C:

    http://moneygonefor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's so obvious your mom sides w/ audrina b/c she's more of a pushover & she's making millions right now. They were not supportive or excited for you when you announced your photospread for a tattoo magazine. I dnt understand why they dnt like your husband, he seems so sweet & takes care of his family. I wouldn't want that negativity around my chidden either. Can't wait for your make up line & I wish your husband a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was just talking to my mom about Riders 4 Christ, and how I need to find a new church out here like the saddleback. i have never felt more welcome to a new church like i was there (it honestly was one of the reasons i enjoyed living in orange county) sending you, kyle, and your babies lots of love and prayers and please keep us posted on dates/locations kyle will be at, i think i speak for everyone when i say we are all beyond ampd that he is going to be back on the road again serving the lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Casey i love reading your blog! maybe if you have time you could check out mine.

    http://asnapshotofmemories.blogspot.com/

    xox :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg. You are ah-mah-zing. I'm so incredibly inspired by you. Seriously, please have your own tv-show... I would watch it over and over again. I'm not even kidding.

    Thank you for being awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Casey! Here a little message from a girl from Holland (Amsterdam). I've watched a lot of American realityshows and think they're really strange and fascinating at the same time. They made me wonder if a lot of American people nowadays are really that shallow and absorbed by themselves. It's a really weird image that's presented to us by television. I'm glad to read you're an intelligent young woman, focused, caring, with two feet on the ground (I wonder if that's a good translation from Dutch, haha, but consider it a positive comment). Comforting to know, you are just like me and my friends. I wanted to let you know that! Love from Holland, Simone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im sooo glad i found your blog <3 i wish you and kyle would have you're own tv show, you're so inspiring and awesome! i only watched audrina's show for you!! it would be nice to have a reality show thats not fake like the hills and all the others! i felt bad when they made you look like the bad guy in audrina's show, like your mom was yelling at you and kyle and saying mean things and after audrina and your brother were saying that you should just get over your self and apologize and that you don't appreciate what your parents have done for you etc. i was like wooot what did you do :( i think you're soo amazing and it would be awesome if you had a own show, it would be a nice change 'cause every other show is so shallow and fake and ( i don't want to be mean or anything cause i loove audrina)but it felt like the show didn't show te whole truth and made you look like the bad guy ! :( pleeease have your own tv-show !

    Im from Finland so sorry if my english isn't that great :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whats going on with Elizabeth Knight cosmetics?? I have a bit saved just for it!!! Please let us know when and where I can buy it!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need mommy advice. My daughters turning two on Monday (September 26) and the tantrums have already begun. I don't know how to deal with them,I can't stand her always whining about something. I'm juggling being a mother, college, and soccer, and the few moments I have with my daughter are always a battle to keep her from flipping out. Helppp

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Casey. I am curious how you found the right religious group to accept you. I was brought up Catholic, but because of my tattoos they all look down upon me and tell me I'm living a life of sin. I still believe in living a noble and righteous life even with tattoos. How were you able to be accepted? Thanks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. So down to earth, real and caring and a role model for young women.You’re faith is amazing & you’re amazing for sharing it and telling it how it is, Gods message & love. It’s our amazing gift and hope. Lots of love sending your way from England! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. PLEASE UPDATE :( I need some motivation to get out of this winter time rutt :(

    ReplyDelete